The number of skin treatments available to us today is extensive. For many, this abundance creates confusion – to know what is best for each of us. The best advise I can give here is to get a professional opinion. There are many different treatments to treat many different problems. The best treatment for you will depend on a variety of factors including your age, sex, skin type, medical/dermatological history and current medications.
A small investment of time, with a complimentary skin consultation at Shine, can give you some personalized recommendations about skin products and skin treatments that will improve both the health and appearance of your skin. This can save you a lot of wasted money doing and applying things to your skin that don’t help and may, in fact, damage your skin.
I won’t attempt to provide an exhaustive list of treatment possibilities, but I would like to list some of the most commonly performed treatments and how they can benefit your skin:
• Microdermabrasion – is a painless, noninvasive treatment to exfoliate the surface layer of dead skin cells and to treat blocked sebaceous glands including blackheads.
• IPL skin rejuvenation – is an excellent treatment to reduce pigment and redness in the skin. A course of treatments results in a clearer, more even skin colour.
• Skin tightening – is a painless treatment with no downtime that heats the deeper layers of the skin resulting in contraction of collagen fibres and a firmer skin appearance.
• Sublative RF – is a resurfacing treatment that stimulates collagen production to reduce fine lines, pore size and scarring, giving the skin a smoother appearance.
• Dermastamp with PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) – is a treatment where we take a sample of your own blood, separate out the plasma (containing growth factors) and inject this solution into the upper layers of the skin using Dermastamp. The needling effect of the Dermastamp, along with the growth factors, has a powerful effect on stimulating collagen in the skin. A course of treatments results in improved skin texture with a smoother appearance and will assist in reducing acne scars.